map of mission

map of mission
Mission

New Transfer

2/10/2020

Hello friends and Family!
 We had transfers this last week. I had to say goodbye to my dear friend and companion elder Russell last Thursday. We had to sleep over with the zone leaders with no electricity and a hot room. I got to spend the whole of Thursday wit hthe zone leaders in my old area, Kwamashu.  We did some cool things, including giving a blessing to a sick boy, and teach many families out of the come follow me.  We talked a lot out of nephi chapter 5 And the things we need to do in life to be happy. I realized that day that the Book of Mormon doesn’t MAKE us happy, it TEACHES us HOW to be happy ☺
 We took a taxi at some point while in Kwamashu full of School girls. They all took pictures and videos of us on the taxi. I guess they have never seen 3 mlungus in a township on a taxi before????
 My new companion is Elder Siebert from….. Well, he is from everywhere. His dad is an ambassador, so he has been to like, most countries. We have been trying to kick start this area. I’m getting a little frustrated with this area as of lately though. Most of the people we talk to are jehovahs witnesses. In fact, we were just in a second hand store and had about a 20 minute discussion with one. Most people here wont even listen to us because they are “already believers.”  I usually love tracting, but now its just making me frustrated.
 So, because of that I needed more motivation. I started to read jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon in the evening and night. I have felt the spirit so strong and really feel it motivate me to try harder and to be as obedient as possible. I’m looking forward to the days ahead☺

Pray for us y’all.

Have joy!
Elder Moser

My feet are good. I got insoles for them and they have been feeling much better. As for my pants, I looked at them after washing and they are torn in some weird spots, but I should be ok. There is that lady that we moved sewing machines for, I'm sure I could go to her if I need to.
The temple dedication is this sunday! Kinda cool how you know. We are just going to the Kwamashu chapel to watch it. We might watch all 3 sessions because My companion has never seen one before. Some members in our ward, including the bishop, get to attend the actual service. My temple recommend actually expires this month, so I'm so lucky! Coincidence? I think not.

Is this exchange student going to be there when I get home? Yes, I have a fly home date. June 12th. Mark that down on your calendar! 

I actually read a 200 page book on Joseph Smith this last week and there were multiple parts where I just had to set the book down and ponder what I was reading. you bet I felt the spirit! It motivated me immensely and brought me to tears. Many times. What a powerful family he had too. Jesse's dream really makes him like joseph, and I would definitely be Hyrum to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...