map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Durban Temple Open House

January 28, 2020

Hello mumsy

I have been at the temple almost every day since it has been open. I have really noticed how different and empty I feel when I am not there. The Durban temple is beautiful in the most simple way. We get to be tour guides for the people we teach :) I have got to tour through the temple a few times. One job my companion and I got was we got to go through the temple by ourselves and straighten/ align everything so there was complete order. I felt like I had found my true calling. I moved benches and chairs so you could almost put a ruler up to them and they would all be in a perfect line with each other. We moved vases and lamps into a nice even spot. Everything that could become square, did. It gave me a new perspective on the temple in how much order the Lord expects. I also noticed how the chairs got moved pretty often, so I would have to move them back to place. That is kinda how we are sometimes. We need to line ourselves up every now and then.

We have an investigator ( who is moving to Joburg this week:() Who came with us to the temple today. She has been struggling with if she should be baptised or not, but she made up her mind today because halfway through the tour she asked us if she can be baptized. She said that she felt something she had never felt before in her whole life. I love it. I felt that too, while in the celestial room, I said a prayer, and for the first time in my life, I prayed for nothing but other people. Mostly the other people in the room with me, because many of them were not members. It was a super cool experience.

Love you mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...