map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Khakhulu Food

January 15, 2020

With all the exercise we do, somebody pointed out to me that I am getting bigger...

Well on that note, we are having a lot of food still. We got dinner 3 times yesterday that we just put it in containers for the fridge. On my birthday, Wednesday, we even had a member teach us how to make curry. I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to cook it though because we don't cook here XD. I'll have to save it for when I am home.

Also, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! The big 21!

We put in some good work recently. Let me share a few stories.
The first one we had with a man named Harri. Whenever we see him he isn't wearing a shirt and he always tells us he took it off because of the heat. A few days before seeing him, we dropped by to remind him of his commitment to read the Book of Mormon. When we saw him again, he had read and he even remembered. We had a good discussion and some of the concerns he brought up led into 2 Nephi 2. We read a bit with him and then committed him to read 1 chapter every day until the next time we see him again.

The next cool thing that happened this week was with the Govender and Pillay family. They stay right next door to a member that we visit. We decided to go and talk to them one day and they invited us to share something with them. The man of the home is a pastor, but just part time which makes things easier. We shared the first Book of Mormon video with them as an introduction and asked them inspired questions. The spirit led the discussion and all of us felt it. The pastor, Nathaniel, asked us if the Book of Mormon talked of the gift of tongues like the Bible, so we left them with Moroni 10 to read. Then they fed us a TON of food. The ushe (usual), ya know.

This week was really good. Wish my fingers had the strength to type everything up. Love Ya'll! have a great week :)

-Elder Moser

Hey mom! My birthday was much better than last years, that is for sure. My companion woke me up with a firecracker so I was woken up with a jolt haha. Good fun though. The day didn't have much to it, we just visited some people and then at night the RS president's family taught me how to make a proper curry.

I keep ripping my pants haha. They fit a little too tight now, I hope that isn't a problem....

I miss my siblings. Jess is telling me all the hype things he is doing. I also called Nathan on Monday. Oh, btw, I have my real P-day today because we had zone conference on Monday.

We have visited up on a lot of the people we visited last week. Kogie is going to come with us to church this Sunday. There is a baptism we want her to attend. There have been a lot of people here that when they talk about their church, they first mention how big the building is. Then, when I ask what they look forward to most in church, they say the people and things that they shouldn't be going to church for. We talk about Sacrament a lot. 

Crazy you saw K8. I have been communicating with her recently so I wonder if it is a coincidence you saw each other. I still really like her and hope she is around when I get home.

Love you mummy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...