map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Staying In Bluff

January 21, 2019

How many more transfers can I take? 5? 6? I'm not really sure, but it looks like I'll be spending a quarter of my mission in the blessed place.

We have been teaching a lot of Plan of Salvation, which really shows to me how big of a deal it really is, and how bad all of God's children really need it. Lately, so many people have been coming to us from nowhere, asking us to teach them what we have. It is so cool to have people recognize us Christ's representatives. Everyone is entitled to Christ's Atonement.  We are teaching a lot of women who have suffered from either drug abuse or rape or any of that terrible stuff. It makes good talk for the plan of salvation, which is one of my favorites. I hope we are teaching it how they need it. It is nice, because we get to teach to their needs and REALLY focus more on them instead of just trying to power through the lessons.

The temple doesn't open till late this year. I am so eager to go again! I love showing people we teach pictures of the temples. It really takes their breathe away and they have a desire to go there.

So in Africa right now, there are so many things happening from Ebola outbreaks and country shutdowns, and civil wars on the rise. It is kinda discomforting, but at least we know God is on our side. I feel like If something were to happen to me, I am in good standing with God, and that gives me comfort. I'm happy happy happy! 

This week has been a hard one. We got stuck in the rain a few times and I got all my stuff wet, but at least that means my future wife is getting more attractive, neh? We have been putting in WORK, and that includes setting appointments for 8 in the morning.... heh. yeah.

In the mornings I do a lot of crunches and a lot of situps. If I run at all my thighs grow a lot and it makes my pants not fit haha. But all the walking we do cuts the weight out. It is good to hear that Porter is visiting you guys more. I  would hope he does because we never visited Keith's parents after he left, and I still feel really guilty about it. 

Thank you so so so much, Grandma and Grandpa, for sending the gummies and choccy milk! I knew you had something to do with it because it was much to specific! Also, those plant things are the COOLEST PRESENT! Thank you mum!

Well, everything that happened this week has now flooded my mind, but ya'll have a good week, eh?

-Elder Hoser

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...