map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Week o' fun

January 28, 2019

This week has been poppin' with all sorts of crazy things. We been been clocking in the work, and sometimes it feels like we are not getting anything done, but when I look back, there is so much growth.

one of the people we have on B date is Eunis, and 56 year old who has been smoking and drinking for most of her life. We have been sharing the lessons with her and have been reading the book of Mormon with her to help her understand. This week we taught about the Word of Wisdom, and we invited her to pray for strength with her temptations. She did, and when we said "Amen" She was filled with tears and received the confidence she needs to be ready to be baptized on the 24th.

We had two guys call us over from afar to ask us about our church because they had seen a video about our church on you tube... The asked about Joseph Smith, magic underwear, and how we believe we are to become like god. We talked with them for much longer than we should have, but they were basically just bible bashing us and telling us we were a cult. I took it all with a positive attitude, but it was really hard to listen to them try to tear us down. We were trying to help them understand about Prophets and Revelation, but they wouldn't listen to anything I said, even though I was using Bible verses. It brings to mind D&C 131, how "man cannot be saved in ignorance." I still feel like we need to try to talk to them again for some reason. They told us to repent and follow Jesus Christ. Then they tried to get my email so they could send me the same video haha.

I'm getting more comfortable with my teaching skills and my knowledge of the Gospel and it is actually really fun getting to share it with others! As members of this church, we all have something deep in us that drives us to share what we know with others, and after the meeting with the two youtube watchers, It shows how much more information that we have been given, thanks to modern day prophets. I know that this church is true, and we all have the privilege to study and receive our own personal witness of the truth.

Love ya'll!

-Elder Moser
This is a SWEET Toilet tower that this crazy guy is building that over looks durban.
 I took this picture so I know how to build one when I come home

 My planner. I'm really proud of it.


Me and Ndlovu

Da Bluff

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...