map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Awake and Arise!

February 4, 2019

Hello

Elder Moser here. Had a really good week.

We have been trying really hard to be obedient and talk to as many people as we can. One thing I realize we have been doing wrong is talking to people just to fill up our week with appointments. What I am trying now is to teach people on the spot. Wet their tongue and then come back with the main dish. It has been working beautifully. I have also tried being myself a lot lately. As missionaries, I feel like we try to be something that is unnatural and just not us. The lord has given us gifts and special personalities to in turn bless others lives. Missionary work works much better when we are ourselves. Respectfully.

We were walking to an appointment when suddenly this woman said "Elders?" and then we B-lined towards her and asked how she knew us. Legend has it, she was taught by missionaries 16 years ago in Kwa Dabeka, but then she lost contact with them and joined the Roman Catholic church. We are super excited because we have an appointment with her tomorrow!

We had a Zone Conference this last week and President Thompson said "Awake and arise! and Be MEN!" For some reason that really started a fire in me. I am so happy on mission right now.

We were walking to another appointment, when this 16 year old girl asked for my number haha. I gave her our number and her little sister texted me later saying "are you the cute white boy that walked past us? My sister is hoping she can date you" 

One last thing! Remember Beverly that was about to get baptized but then moved to Zimbabwe right as everything there was falling apart? SHE MOVED BACK!!!! I have never been so pumped to see someone at church before!

Anyways, we are having a lot of fun and success. Love you all, I hope you have a fun and invigorating week.
-elder Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...