map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Merry 24th of Dezemba!

December 24, 2018

Hello family and friends! I hope all of you are having a very merry Christmas, wherever you are! And I hope it's a cold one, because all of you have to make up for the heat I am feeling. This week we hit 40c here in Durban, and my shirts are starting to turn yellow! XD My son pointed that out to me and now I'm just a touch embarrassed about it.

We have been working and walking till our feet hurt, and we have been looking for opportunities to serve people. We are trying to light the world during this season, and we will continue to do so even after Christmas, working towards Easter.

I'm so grateful for God and for giving us the gift of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I find so much comfort and joy in knowing that through following him, all of us can return to live with God again, and that is the greatest gift imaginable!

One thing we do on mission is bring families closer together. An area authority gave a talk on what it is that makes us yearn for home (me especially) and he concluded that it is the people that make it up. I encourage all of you to set aside some time to really connect with your family members and celebrate the birth of Christ.

I love you all, and Merry Christmas!
-Elder Moser





---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Roelof van Helsdingen <roelofvanhelsdingen123@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 22, 2018, 9:04 AM
Subject: Durban Mission
To: <mosermomma@gmail.com>, <moserdoc@gmail.com>


Dear brother and sister Moser, 

I want to take the opportunity to give you some feedback on how well your son is doing on his mission. He was sent to the Bluff ward along with Elder Atkinson in September. 

Our Ward has been working hard on our Missionary efforts in the hope that this will allow Heavenly Father to bless us again,  by answering our prayers, and sending us missionaries after some years. Elder Moser and Elder Atkinson has truly been a great blessing to the ward and to me and my family. I have enjoyed working with them as the Ward Mission Leader and now will still be working with Elder Moser and Elder Nglovu as the Elders Quorum President.  

Elder Moser is a fine young man who has shown the utmost commitment to his calling as the Lords Shepherd. He has been a wonderful example to my son who will be handing in his mission papers in Jan next year. Due to his well balanced nature and impeccable work ethic my son has learned by going out with the missionaries that a missionary can work hard and have fun at the same time. 

My wife and I love talking to Elder Moser about music and have found him to have a fast knowledge and love of a variety of music (thanks to his dad's influence). We have even been entertained by his energetic and strange dance moves. 

I always feel for the missionaries and their families during Christmas Time and we have invited the Elders to come and join our family for our Christmas Eve dinner. My family and I would like to ensure you that Elder Moser will be fed very well and will be with people who love and appreciate him. 

Congratulations on raising a wonderful man, you have good reason to be proud of your son. I hope and pray that my son will also embrace his responsibilities in the mission field with the surety and confidence that I see in your son. 

Have a Mary Christmas and thank you for your sacrifice. 

Best wishes, 

Roelof and Joanne van Helsdingen

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...