map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Baptisms in Glacier Water...


Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2018, 5:30 AM

This last week was pretty great! The water shut off for about 3 days and really stressed us out because we needed to fill the font for Ntate Simon's baptism. The water turned on Saturday and we turned the water on but only the cold water worked so we stuck a heating element in the water and prayed it would be enough. Turns out, it wasn't. It was fine for me to be in because it is the same as any lake back home, but Africans hate the cold. He took like 5 minutes to get in the water and when I baptized him, he came out of the water about to scream! haha XD Also, the white shirt I baptized him in got stolen after I changed out of it. I'm hoping that someone took it to wash. At least they didn't take my garments.

Elder Homer slaved making 65 brownies for the baptism and when we went to put them out for people to eat, they were all gone. We think the Khubetsoana branch relief society ate them all. Dang. I have a picture and Elder Homer looks so sad:(

We have been working hard this week, filling up our teaching pool. We have almost 10 appointments every day. We have also been working hard to get people to church. One of our investigators, Chere, has some really sick dreds, and loves it when we come to teach him. He lives in Seapoint, which is literally up the mountain and we walk there two times a week to see him. He is progressing quickly. We invited him to church and he was gonna come, but his grandma died Saturday night, which is the exact same day that his mom died two years ago. Satan is evil.

We had another investigator who lives in seapoint not far from Chere. His name is Tsi'itso. We went to wake him up at 7 Sunday morning and we woke him up from what looked like the deepest sleep in history. He told us he was going to wash, and then walked around the corner of the house. After a couple of seconds, we decided to round the corner of that house so we could talk to him and he was peeing so that was awkward. heh.

We had a dinner appointment with a member family and they fed us tripe. I asked Elder Homer what it was and he just said, " uhhhhhhh I'll tell you after you've eaten it..."
This is what I have been training for.
Turns out Tripe is Stomach and intestine of an animal. I was looking at the steamed bread and tripe on my plate and noticed that it wasn't broccoli. It was Stomach. Wasn't too bad though, just chewy.

I'm loving it here! The people greet each other or say they are doing good or say life is "rad" by saying "Sharp!" but they pronounce it Shop and give a thumbs up. If you see a thumbs up in a picture, we are all saying Sharp!

The little kids call us mahuoa which means white guys, and we call it to them back to confuse them. They love it. I carry around pictures of Jesus to give to kids and it makes them smile super big. It is my favorite thing. When kids cry, the pictures make them stop. I love it.

Well. I love Africa. I think I will stay for a while. It is starting to warm up and that's a bother, but it only gets hotter! I'm not prepared for this! Also, I might buzz my hairs, so don't be alarmed if you see any pictures like that in the future
.

Love you all! Keep being great! Miracles still happen! remember that.
-Elder Moser


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...