map of mission

map of mission
Mission

This place is straight up wild!

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Bradley Moser <bradley.moser@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello loved ones! Lesotho is the craziest place I have ever been to in my entire life! I have so much to write and only about 10 minutes to write it, because I have an interview with the mission president. We are in a small internet shop with 3 computers, and our flat is all the way accross town, so it will take around 30 minutes to bike back. Bleh.

This place is so interesting. People will just pee wherever they want, whenever they want; the driving is the CRAZIEST thing you will ever witness in your entire life; it's freezing cold most times of the day, and I can't understand anything people say :') The language they speak is sesotho, and the people are Besotho. Blankets are a huge part of this culture, and They sure will keep you warm. At night, I sleep with 5 blankets and an electric blanket, so it is safe to say that I am staying cozy.

my Ntate (that means dad) is Elder Homer. He is deaf but is the strongest missionary I have ever met. He has Cochlear implants so he can hear as long as he is wearing them. Something unique is that I also have a mom, Elder Ah Same, from Samoa. He is the goofiest dude and we share a lot of laughs.

The language here is hard and I have a hard time remembering peoples names, such as Liteboho, which is pronounced Dee teh boho. Or Sibongile, pronounced Sih bone gee lay. Everyone has names like this, but they all have cool meanings. My Sesotho name is Mosa, which means mercy. I'm gonna try to change my nametag to say that.

I already don't have any time left so I'm gonna have to save some stories for next week! Really fast though, I want to share a cool experience. A few nights ago, Elder Homer was telling me that he has always wanted to serve a sign language mission, and I just told him he would probably get to use sign language for spreading the gospel at some point in his life. Well, the next day we three companions went to a restaurant where you buy deli meat and then they cook it for you, and I bought a ton of meat and pap, and it only totaled out to 33 maluti, which is only about $2.50. While we were waiting for our food, two deaf guys started talking to elder Homer and they want to be baptized by him! It was the funniest surprise! Side note, you eat food with your hands here. The pap and the meat. Everything.
Elder Homer
I am loving it here and I can already see the blessings from the lord as I am diligent in my obedience. Being a missionary is tough, especially when you don't know what people are saying, but I love everyone here and I hope to get everyone in Maseru to church! haha!

I love you all!
Stay positive and progress, be obedient and be blessed!
-Elder Mosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...