map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Everyone here is so nice. Too bad most of them are drunk.

Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2018, 3:11 AM

The title says it all. We have had so many drunk people talk to us. Some asking for money, some asking for ways to help them stop drinking ( while drinking haha) and some that just want to tell us about how great America is.

Elder Ah Sam finally got a companion, Elder Lowe, so now It's just me and Elder Homer. It's nice. I get to talk a lot more and it has been building my confidence at a huge rate. Especially with drunk people. Let me share an experience with you:
We were outside teaching a lesson to a single woman named Keletso Selala. We were trying to teach her the Restoration, when a very very, VERY drunk man came and started talking to us asking if we would share drinks with him. let me see if I can recreate this conversation:
"Do you want to share a few tossers my friends? I'm going to the bar with my friends, but they can wait a little longer." (pouring giant bottle of whiskey into a beer can)
"No thank you. We don't drink."
"You don't drink? Then how do you get that 'next level' relaxation after a day of work? You guys are crazy."
"haha yup."
"So tell me, is there something you can tell me that will get me to be with my wife? I miss her but she left me for some reason." (??????)
(We give him a Word of Wisdom booklet)
"Ah yes thank you. Is this only for black people my friend?" (touches my shoulder all weird)
" haha No it is for everyone and we would love to come talk to you about it when you are sober! Do you mind if we get your name and number and we can give you a call sometime?"
"No problem my friend. (touches shoulder) You just hold that planner, and I'll write it down."
He then just kinda scribbled on my planner haha.
We talked to him for a bit longer but then we got a phone-call. We tried to make it look like we were busy so he would maybe leave and we could continue with our lesson. We looked over at him and he was shoving his baby daughters hands all the way in his mouth. This dude was long gone haha. We stood there for a bit and then he came over to talk to us again.
"Are 'you from America?"
"Yes."
"Americans are super humans. Who stopped WW3? The Russians? Germans? Russians? Chinans? Russians? No. It was Americans. Because of the bald eagle. Donald trump went up to Jim oong gorilla man and said 'Kim. you better stop this (bad word) or we will destroy you.' And that ( touching kneecap and staring at it) is the power of America."
This is pretty much all I remember, but he took up 45 minutes.This dude was so drunk. The crazy thing is that if his heart is prepared, he could have the potential to become a god someday. That's how we should look at everyone. See em' in white. yeah?
I am quickly learning that nothing is a coincidence. Yesterday Elder Homer and I were trying to talk to a baby lamb that was just born, and when we were walking, we passed a bunch of drunk guys. One of them stopped us to tell us that he saw we were talking to a sheep and then we were able to set up an appointment with him. He seemed very ready.
We have been busting our butts with the work.  Elder Homer and I work 10+ hours every day. Most days anyways. I'm learning the language better, and am able to greet people, and I have committed so many people to be baptized. We have 11 people ready to be baptized, and so many new people to teach. The lord has prepared the hearts of everyone it seems, and it is amazing to see how the gospel changes the lives of everyone! They can feel it. We can feel it. Also, just a side note.: I get to baptize my first Ntate this week! I was so honored that he picked me!
I am staying warm with my basotho blanket! These things are sweet, and this is how they wear them if they don't have a blanket pin. It is also the warmest way.
I love you all! Enjoy all the blessings life has to offer! And ya'll should send me some music.
-Elder Moser
#WakandaForever


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...