map of mission

map of mission
Mission

From the Opposite end of the Earth

July 30, 2018



Weed is illegal but everyone smokes it here. Even the cops. There is a man who runs a truck shop that we run by every week and We stop to play chess with him on Pday if he meets the goal we give him to read in the book of Mormon. Whenever we pass him, he is reading the book, but he's also usually smoking a blunt. He Reeks of weed and he drinks a lot which makes him really slow in manner, but he is actually a really smart dude. Anyways, in sacrament mtg. yesterday, right before the prayer I looked around to see everyone who came, and he walked in and my eyes almost popped out of my head! I was so shocked but so happy! This gospel is about to change his life. What makes it better is the branch clerk who is also the nicest guy ever, was his classmate, so he showed him around the day. I sat by him in Gospel doctrines. I couldn't tell if I was high on the spirit or High from his scent lol.

We have been making Roti's a lot lately which is an Indian bread and we use it as a utensil to eat our Zebra meat and bean meals. This morning we woke up early to go teach a guy named Neo how to make them. He lost his job and is struggling now, so we are teaching him how to make a bunch of foods that he can make a food joint out of. 

There is a surprising amount of white people around here and whenever we see one we punch eat other, kinda like when you see a volkswagen beetle. Today at the mall we saw a bunch of white girls and I punched Elder Homer like 6 times. He is gonna have a sore arm tonight because we saw like 40 today.

A few days ago we went to traveled to Ha Pita which is SUPER far away from where we stay just to see a man, Thabang. We took a taxi there, I accidentally fell asleep because taxi drivers keep their windows up with no AC and then I woke up getting dropped off in the middle of nowhere. I was very lost as to where we were lol. We called the man we were supposed to see and He WASN'T EVEN HOME even ThO hE SAid He WouLD bE. Missionary work can be stressful sometimes. It worked out though because we knocked on a house and actually met a woman, Nthabaleng, who is gonna get baptized now.

On the way home from Ha Pita, we Stopped at a store to get some food and it was run by a Chinese couple. They thought we were really nice, and gave us free gum then talked to us for a while about religion. They thought we were Jehovah witnesses, but don't worry. We Gave them pamphlets and taught them a lil sutm sutm

My jaw has been killing me but I'm pulling through! I love you all, and pray for you all the time:) I love this place, even though it is getting really hot! 

Khotso!
-Elder Moser


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...