map of mission

map of mission
Mission

What the, Hail?

August 13, 2018

Behold, my prayers have been answered. Kinda. But let me back you up on some stuff.

Elder homer, my Baba, is dead. I killed him (R.I.P) and it was super sad, but man did that guy endure to the end. I was super lucky to have him. He taught me so much in such a short amount of time.

We just had transfers and for the 2 days that my new companion was traveling to me on the Durban Express, I was with Elder Huff from Pocatello, Except not really. The dude got food poisoning and was comatose the toilet for those 2 days. I had to do emergency transfers with the Khubetsoana elders so I could still get to some of the appointments that I had planned. Everything is Kosher now though, because my new companion, Elder Warner, is here and we are busting our butts to get this work done. It is a little tough because I am leading the area, so this is just a roller coaster of experience.

The first day that Me and elder Warner were out doing missionary stuff, we got a call from the zone leaders who told us to stay in our areas and just tract around there for the day because apparently there was some civil unrest and people getting shot by the police force or something like that, so we just stayed around home all day and met some cool new people. late at night, we were talking to this woman just outside and just as she went back inside and we were about to go home but we just got blasted by a micro burst, so I turned to elder Warner and told him something bad is about to happen, and then it hailed and blew a million miles per hour and we had to run a mile back home in that weather. It was INSANE but it is the probable the closest we will get to snow, so I'm gonna count that as a prayer answered. I even made a snowball out of it! :)

So anyways, that is the warm welcome that Elder Warner received from Lesotho. But we have also met some pretty sweet people. There was one lesson this week where we talked to 8 guys going to University, and they wanted to know about hte book of Mormon, so we went inside, all 10 of us, and we read out of it and described how we could be better people by listening to the BOM. Another guy walked in who was a bible preacher, and he was complaining and arguing about how we don't need the bible and he was talking to his friends about the bible, and they were acutally defending the BOM!!!! It was so cool. They were already feeling the powerrrrr. That is 8 potential priesthood holder right there.

Anways, we are keeping warm and eating lots of food! I'm getting fat! but I love all ya'll!:) until next week.


-Elder Lehlohonolo Teboho Mosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...