map of mission

map of mission
Mission

I finally have pictures for ya'll!

June 10, 2019

Hello associates. Howz been the week?

I have been sick for the past week. As I am composing this email, I am actually hacking a lung, and it hurts really bad. I don't want to go to the clinic, so I will take the Zulu remedy and eat plenty of oranges.

We met some pretty crazy people this week. The investigator who came to church and surprised us is still meeting with us. We want to meet with his friends as well but when we come to see them and they see us from afar, they run away really fast. In fact, when we came to see them, one guy didn't have a place to hide so he just spread eagle on the ground and pretended to be asleep. Haha, I hope they know we are quite harmless.

We had 3 baptisms yesterday, all kids under 15. The thing I love about kids getting baptized is when they bear their testimonies. They always say the most profound things. One of them, Sandile, said " If I could explain how I feel in one word, it would be clean. I;m going to go to all my friends and tell them I have no sins anymore"

I'm getting along well with my companion and we are working well together. He has surprised me. This week we are setting some good goals. We also have Zone conference. This will be President Thompson's last one, so it is going to be really different. Wish us the best with the preparations.

Ngi Thanda ya'll. Have a blessed week.
-Elder Moser
 
Hey mom! Sorry to hear that Luthia is gone. Just get another exchange student, right? Get one from south Africa. That would be cool. Then they could tell you about everything that I am experiencing right now:)

It feels good to have hit a year. I'm looking back at everything that happened in the past year and it feels like one, but went so fast. Now that I now what I'm doing I fear its gonna go by faster now.
This morning I got a call from one of my friends on mission. Last night President Thompson told him his father had passed on. I can tell he is hurting and I really want to help him with it. He is being strong and knowledge of the plan of salvation is really helping, I just wish I knew of a way that I could help him.

This week we ate chicken from a member family.... It still had some of the feathers on it and It wasn't cooked all the way... Also, I am still a zone leader, and I am going on an exchange to the Bluff tomorrow. Seems like I just can't get away from that place loll. Actually, the couple i got married finally got baptized yesterday! Just took extra time for the Baba to quit smoking, but when I interviewed him, he had stopped for 3 weeks!

Ngi Thanda wena!
-Elder Boopers
Us in Illovo!
The dark haired one is Bezerra. The other is elder Nichols from Idaho. 

This is chicken with Putu. I made the Putu. I offered the Gogo that I
make it for her. She was surprised a mlungu would offer that. haha

We were running at night and this crab dude ran across the road in front
 of us and Scared us to DEATH. We thought it was a rat! 


These are the kids that were baptized: Sphesihle, Kitty and Sandile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...