map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Kwasmashu

June 24, 2019 

Howzit folks, I got some things tuh say.

This week I was super confused with where we were. House numbers make no sense. One second you are by house H345 then the house right next to it is H69 and when you are looking for house H1456 it makes for a lot of fluttering. It does create a good way to contact people when you ask for help though. A question people always ask us is where we stay.. members say that it is because people want to rob us, but I find it is usually because the people who ask us are wondering how we are so brave. They say " are you not scared?" but when they see that we are missionaries they can immediately tell that we are protected by the Lord.  We get appointments from it too :)

We met with our Branch President, President Zulu, who fed us BURRITOS and told us about ideas on having investigators progress better. Apparently nobody does ancestor worship like the Zulu people. He was telling us about how similar the beliefs of the Zulu traditions and Temple ordinances are. This is really exciting for me, because the opening for the Durban temple has just been announced! We can do a lot to help people look towards the temple and be able to do work for their ancestors:)

I ate some really hot wings this last week and they didn't even bother me. When did that happen? I was even thinking to myself that they weren't strong enough.

One thing that was really funny this week was when I used sticky tack to stick all my companion's stuff to his desk, cupboard, and ceiling. I have a video of him trying to get everything but he doesn't see his home card on the ceiling lol.

Well, have a good week!

Sawubona Ma!

This week has been good, and went by super quickly. It is weird that it is already P-day.

I'm so excited for Porter! He just had a birthday and is doing all the good things. He is so much more prepared than I was, so he will be able to go in Gunz ablazing! I sure hope Japanese is easier to learn than Zulu!

I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday and I wasn't even nervous to talk in front of everybody. That is something new. I can easily say that my ability to talk in front of people is better. I am a lot better at talking to strangers as well. I kinda find myself leading a lot in lessons and contacts, but my companion has recently shared with me that he struggles with talking to people. The language barrier also doesn't help very much I am sure.

Ya know, some people commented on my dimple this week and have told me they wish they had them. I told them I could give them one since mine is actually a scar. " HAIBO"

Ngithanda Wena!

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...