map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Email to Mum

October 7, 2019

Ello mum! I am going to write you but I might end with that. I have been trying not to cuss at my computer because I am seriously having problems with it today. I am doing everything in my power to not shove my fist into it. We have been here over 2 hours and I have spent most of my time just trying to open my email. It is slow. I'm frustrated.

But other than that things are looking up! We have had a good week. My new companions name is elder Gomez. He looks exactly like Cousin Ben. He is super cool but has expressed to me that working on a university has made him feel like a greenie again. I understand. Talking to smart cute girls is hard. Talking to people our age is hard. The way I see it though is they already think we are different for dressing up the way we do, so talking to people won't hurt. We talk to so many people in a day and we trade off speaking very well. He is from Australia, so I hear lots of aussie phrases. My accent isn't changing, but I do say his words. People here tell me my English is garbage and not as proper as theirs. I don't care haha. It's whatever.

Talking to people on University is fun, but I'm sure we sometimes intimidate people just a bit. Sometimes students sit on these long walls and we just talk to them one by one, so they see us coming from miles ahead. We get a lot of people "answering their phones" and then leave. One day this week when we were talking to people and we didn't know who to talk to, I looked accross the bench and saw a girl studying but I had an impression to talk to her, so I just kinda shouted at her from where she was sitting and said "oi, do you have time that we can talk with you?" and, like she was preparing for us to say something, said, " I can spare 5 minutes." that really made me happy and we are going to see her again on Thursday. We also have had a lot of people NOT bunk us, which is such a blessing in an area like this. 

I have been having stomach problems in the past 3 days, like I have eaten sugar free gummy bears, but it has never slowed me down. Always happens right as we are heading home for the day, so things are still okay:)

We are pushing forward and having fun doing it! Love you mum!
-Breadly boopah

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...