map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Metanoeo

June 3 2019

Change has been coming in full force this week. I feel like with a new transfer it always gives you extra room to look at what you can improve on. I have been looking at a lot of the things I could be doing better and I have been doing my best. I read a Talk from president Nelson were he talks about the word "Metanoeo" and how it means changing our mind, Knowledge, spirit and breath. Christ wants us to change so much he even wants us to change the way that we breath! time to change just a bit.

This week has been really good and feels like fresh air. Me and my companion elder Bezerra have been doing a lot of finding this last week. We found % potential priesthood holders all in the same house, and I am already finding them as really close friends! One of them named Thabiso came with us to church on Sunday. He even stayed for the class afterwards and a baptism. I feel like the whole experience answered a lot of questions he had asked us a few days prior. It made me really happy to see.

Along with that, the whole zone has been having us come to do baptismal interviews for them. It is so cool to visit other areas of the mission and see their successes. Everyone wants to do exchanges tho, so I'm not too excited about that.

my calculator watch is still working so nobody worry about that. Use it on the daily because I am getting progressively worse at math haha.

We had a dinner appointment this week were my companion was so full that he couldn't finish the Putu on his plate. He didn't want to be disrespectful with not eating his food, but he was so full that he had to put some in his pocket hahaha.

This transfer is gonna be a good one and I hope to baptize like crazy! love you all!
-Elder Moser


BTW, there is a member in this ward named Wamke who was actually companions with Spencer Barbre. We talked about him a little bit yesterday after church.

You know, I am doing a lot better. There were a lot of hidden things I was kinda struggling with, but we had MLC on Tuesday and Wednesday and that actually answered a lot of questions for me and this week I have been really powerful. I am leading the area yet again, and it is just as fun as always. Elder Bezerra sometimes doesn't really contribute much sometimes and I feel like I'm doing things on my my own a lot. He is really quiet and doesn't say much, but EVERYTIME we are getting ready to go somewhere, it takes him a long time to follow. Those are the moments he becomes social for some reason haha. gotta help with that.

Today we went to the biggest mall in the mission called Gateway. Again I guess. We didn't really have anything to do but I wanted to do something. We got waffles for lunch. They made me really sick because it had ice cream and carmel on it. remember when I could have a lot of sweet stuff and you told me that one day I wouldn't be able to handle it anymore? That time has come hahahahaha. Shame.

I can't believe I am about a year now. Feels like just yesterday that I was in the bitter cold of Lesotho. I miss it, but it does get kinda cold here in the mornings. I actually fear that I am losing my immunity to the cold the longer I am here in Durban. It is super hot and I don't get sick from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...