map of mission

map of mission
Mission

May 28, 2019


May 28, 2019

I think I'm going to give up on this whole email shindig.

Transfers just happened, but we did transfers on Monday. Meaning, I got shafted and didn't get to email. I'm trying to make up for it today, but only have a short while because we have to go to MLC in like, 20 minutes. I want to give details, but sometimes I just can't.

You don't gotta stress though, we are tracting in safer areas. We put a great big map in our boarding and then color coded it to see the safe and not safe areas. We do have appointments in the not as safe areas, but I feel fine. I always check to see if I feel uneasy, and so far I have felt at peace with all of it.

I'm staying in Kwamashu another transfer, but elder Morales is going to Hillcrest to be ZL there. We just swapped companions and so I have the ex. Hillcrest Elder Bezerra. He is from Brazil and is half my age on mission. Speaking of which, can you believe I am going to hit a year in about a week????? That is crazy to me! I remember when Nathan hit that point in his mission. I actually had a Brazilian elder who I was in the MTC with come to me asking if I was still planning on going home early and how that made him sad, but I don't remember ever telling him I wanted to go home early haha. I am excited to see what me and my new companion can accomplish. He is a little quiet so I feel like I will have to open him up a bit. Break him in, if you know what I'm saying.

We attended a funeral last Saturday. It was my first African one. Holy cow, it literally took so long! It was at a Christian Church and a good portion was in Zulu. there was a band and people would go up and do, well, exactly what you would think they do in an African church. There were a couple times I forgot I was even at a funeral. Kinda like a concert. There was a lot of incense burners and I was scared I was gonna get a bloody nose haha. They also had a portion where you could come up and take the bread and Wine, actual wine mind you, but only if you were worthy... So that was interesting. They wanted my companion to perform at the funeral a song he wrote but he had to decline since we represent a church haha. And because it wasn't really fitting haha.

Hope you have a good week! Tell the youngins' I love them! 
-Elder Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...