map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Letter to Mom

May 20, 2019

Sorry for not posting any pictures.... Ever. I know a lot of you probably don't ever read this and just look at the pictures, but Honestly, I haven't even touched my camera in a long while because I fear it getting stolen. We have found ourselves in some pretty sketchy situations this week. 

First off, the week was a lot better and we got way more new people to teach. One of them was a man named Tony who was actually a white man who was married to a Zulu lady. He is super cool and we talked with him for a bit to see if he would be interested. But what was cool was this kid that was walking by the house and saw us in there and politely asked if he could listen to our message. He is our age and seems to be sincerely in search of truth with religion. We are going to teach him again this week.

My time with Morales is already coming to an end. He has been in this area for 5 transfers already so we are guessing that he is bout to head out. If that is the case, i'm nervous to who my next companion will be! I like this guy. He cool.He is just cool because of his talent with Music. He is also just a happy guy. His zulu name he was given is Jabulo, which means happy. We got along super well. I hope he comes to BYUI, but it depends on where music will take him in his country.

Love ya'll.
-Elder Moser

Hey mum!

I really like your Epiphany. So much that I am going to start using it for member visits. It is a little bit easier to visit members in Kwamashu. We were at a members house and the couple fed us dinner, which was mince and beans over rice, and chicken. I thought about home cooked meals and how we would never have 2 meat dishes in the same meal, but 2 is a small number in this country haha.

This week has been a lot better in terms of missionary work. On one day, we got 7 new investigators. That was really cool. And we didn't find out until after that we were in a dangerous section of our area. Found cool people though, and we also found a white man who married a Zulu girl and lives in the township, which is nothing I have ever seen before haha.

We went go-karting today at a HUGE mall called The Gateway. The go karts were super fast and fun. The whole time I thought back to all the times you called me "Dash" with my speed, and it propelled me to take first! I was flying. So fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...