map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Whoopsie daisy...

October 22, 2018


Well, I can easily say that the last two weeks have been a TON better since the last time I did a weekly email. The words "come what may and love it" keep flooding my mind, so I am learning to look at everything with a happier perspective.

I want you to know that life is good. My card hasn't come yet, but I'm just learning to live without it. The work here is actually moving forward quite nicely, and we had 7 investigators at church this last sunday. We have 3 people getting ready to be baptized, all of them making sure that they are 100 percent ready, and knowing what they are getting themselves into. It makes me want to tear up sometimes.
My companion and I are still getting along really well. Sometimes I want to share my spiritual experiences or talk about things that really hit me, but he is not into that at all. In fact, we haven't done any companionship study this transfer, but we have made up for it in the work we have done I guess.

Two weeks ago we fasted with Mikyle to help him overcome his smoking addiction. It seemed impossible because he has been smoking since age 10 and he smoked like 12 cigs a day, but after we fasted he went cold turkey for like 4 days. He is back to smoking 1-4 a day, which is still a big improvement. Only problem is that now he is seeing demons in his home, and the stories and pictures he has drawn for us are way to specific for it to be fake, so I don't like that at all.

I went on another exchange with Elder Walker for two days. It was super rainy and our day full of appointments all canceled, but we still managed to find ways to fill our time with productive things.

We have a 16 year old living next door and her friend is super interested in the gospel. We gave her a book of Mormon and she reads it every day and even watches conference talks. She feels like our church leaders are called of God and she is still looking for an answer if all of this is really true. Cleo came with us to church yesterday and after showing her a picture of a temple she just looked blown away. Then, after church she told us she wants to be baptized and that she received the answer she needed. WOOHOO!!!

There are a couple words that have been added into my south African Vocabulary. One of them is "yo!" which you can say as many times as you want when something is even the slightest bit crazy. Another one is "Shame" which is fun to say when people explain why they don't come to church. It's not a rude thing to say, but actually, nothing is. People don't get offended here. We also say "Voetsek" To dogs or each other, which just means get out of here, but it is an Afrikanns things to say. So fun!
It has actually been really cold here, and wet, and crazy, but our stomachs are fed and we are working hard. We can feel your prayers working and we are praying for ya'll too.

Love you all c:
-Elder Moser

P.S. the lady living under us has been making us food trying to empty out her fridge because she is moving, but last night she asked if she could make us fish sandwiches while she was totally wasted! SO DRUNK haha. I said yes and then an hour later she came up while we were SLEEPING and gave us the sandwiches. I took a picture of them, I will upload it next week. It looked so funny to me haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...