map of mission

map of mission
Mission

General Conference!

October 15, 2018

We finally got to listen to conference and I can proudly say that I genuinely enjoyed every minute of it. It is amazing how fast it goes by when you are actually listening to it, eh? I especially love the fire that Pres. Nelson gave about the name of the church. We have been talking with this 16 year old girl who is interested in learning more about the church and has asked both, "What is the difference between LDS and Christianity?" and "Are you guys Mormons?" It was like being put to the TEST! But, if it was a test from God, I passed.

My favourite talk was probably Uchtdorf. It was so sincere and didn't sound as robotic as the others, and the impression that I got from it was we are not baptising people merely so they can be saved, but we are Inviting them to be a part of God's army. To help us. I hope everyone we teach understands the divine responsibility. 

Another impression I got from all the talks is that we do not have room to judge. "Can't you see that everyone around you is sacred?" -Robert C. Gay  We really need to look through the lens of infinite worth. It is too easy to not talk to someone because they are Muslim or homeless or other things such as this, but we are working hard as of now to include everyone. 

Man there was so much about conference that was good, but maybe just to conclude, Elder Holland talking about forgiveness. We are required to forgive everyone no matter what has inflicted the wound. We HAVE to be healed, and if we hold on to wrongdoings then the Savior's atonement means nothing. 

Mikyle came and even brought a friend and they sat through all the sessions!

Life on mission is better. Last week was tough but this week is better. You and mom are the only ones that emailed me and it felt like the world was collapsing on my shoulders. Talk about anxiety, but it is all good now. Me and my comp got to sit outside of our boarding and just relax, talk and cool down. We are outweighing the negative things with more positive. There is no dark side when you got sunshine in yo soul. Today we went golfing! Well, we just went to the driving range but I didn't do so good, plus the water hazard had large mouth bass in it and they were super active so I was trying to figure out how I could catch one haha.

Amanda is getting so pretty! She is the only one who hasn't emailed me yet, so whoop her for that one.

It has actually been cold the last couple days. It has been a little rainy, so I actually wore my Sotho blanket jacket one day. It's not like that now though, the sun is out and very hot.

I gotta say, I am feeling a lot better. Maybe it is because I have some money in my pocket, but I think it is because I have been trying really hard this week to put myself out there and talk to people regardless the situation, and bear powerful testimony.

Love ya!
-Elder  Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...