map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Tough Week.

October 7, 2018

Eesh, this has been a tough week.

Coming from smiley and nice Lesotho straight to Durban has been really hard. Nobody smiles and waves, people tell us to to *swear word* off on the daily, and taxi drivers get more money out of us than they should. Yet, we push through to to the Lords work with the strength that we still have.

Mikyle is still doing good. We taught him in the park yesterday and read from the book of Mormon with him. He remembers everything he reads and keeps all the commitments we give him, but he says the weirdest things. Yesterday he told us we have superpowers, and then told us about the dreams he has had about us. Super awkward, but he has good intentions. He has had a rough past and struggles with being accepted by friends and family. This gospel is giving him more hope, but now he wants his family to experience this too and they are not receptive to it at all. At least we get to meet his parents tomorrow, so that's a start.

On Friday we received another elder! Elder Tracy, the legend. He was in the MTC an extra 2 weeks because he had surgery whilst being there. Why the AP's decided to send him to us? I don't know, but it probably has to do with elder Ntaka knowing I'm cursed with 3somes. We only had him for a day and a half however, because we walked him too much and his wound reopened. Woops. Now he is back at the mission office.

Sorry if this email is kinda lame, I am just really trying to harvest my positive energy. The guy who runs this email shop is being rude to me because I tried to upload some pictures. And there is a fly that keeps flying around me. I'm kinda tilted right now to be honest. Mission is hard sometimes, but you just gotta slow down and look at the positive things that you got going for you. Suffer through the bad because good is on the way. Always.

I went on an exchange with an elder this week who was from England who shared with me his whole mission experience about how he has been depressed and wants to go home so bad because he has too. It kinda has put a damper on me this past week. Plus I was leading in our area so it was up to me to go find people to talk to, and our area is very hilly so he complained about that a bit. I had to find ways to be happy so he let me talk about fishing haha.

We have been doing most of our work in Montclaire, which is a taxi or two away. Taking taxis really eats at my allotment money, and not having a home card doesnt help at all either. I don't have any money left now, so this week I will be living off of Flavorless rice. How funny is that? Funds are low these days.

It is getting really hot so it is hard for me to keep focused because I feel stressed all the time. You know when you are stressed and you get hot flashes? Imagine that but it is because it is really hot and nobody wants to talk or even wave back to you. this area is hard.

Although there is a lot of roughness, we are still able to find success. The difference of this ward compared to the branch in Lesotho is that The members are super excited about missionary work, so they are working on getting us referrals. We are also working a lot on reactivating Priesthood holders. There are a lot of women in the wards but men have trouble staying. Since we missionaries have been back though, People are starting to come back. 
-Elder 🍞 Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...