map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Letter to Mom

December 30, 2019

Thank you for remembering to email me xxooxxoo

This week was wild. It seemed like there was so much preparation for Christmas, then the day came and was gone again in the blink of an eye. We made sugar cookies to give to people and we also wrote our testimony in the Cover of the Book Of Mormon to give out to people. We didn't have any good time on Christmas to be able to give them to people, but we have made up for it by handing them out the other days of the week.

Speaking of which, I knew it would be hard to give the books out, so I prayed in the morning for one meaningful person to give a book to in my morning prayers. Near the close of the day, we were walking to an appointment that was really far from where we were. As we were crossing the street, I looked up to see a guy in a Nissan Champ asking us if he could give us a lift. We hopped in and he started to talk to us about how he was supposed to be a pastor like us, but he got too immersed in the world and has been having trouble getting out of it. I gave him the book that I had written in and told him it would give him the help he needs and he invited us to come back and see him. I look forward to it.

We spent a lot of time in an area called Palmview to try to meet new people, but just about everyone was Muslim or Hindu. We had a Hindu guy let us into his home and his daughter and son-in-law here there, and they were Christian. We shared about temples and fasting with them and I could feel it is exactly what they needed. How cool it is to have a temple so close by to teach people about. 

I'm happy, Mom! And don't worry, I'm very obedient:)
love you lots!
-Breadley boops

ps I have ripped 2 pair of slacks since starting to run. SOS

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...