map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Going Back to da Ocean

December 16, 2019

Wellllll...l I got transfer news and am going back to Durban Zone. I guess that's the place to be for me. The area I am going to is Phoenix, which is mostly Hindus and Muslims. It doesn't even feel like I'm in SA anymore, more like Bollywood. It's gonna be rough, but I know the Lord wants me there for a reason and I'm willing to align my will with his.

This week was rough. We have been tracting in an area trying to find new people to teach. There are also some members who stay there that we visit as well. Following up on people is hard in this complex. Well, they have a group chat that they talk to each other about the problems of the complex.  This week it was about "two white guys going around and judging everyone for drinking." One person even said we made her feel so guilty that she was thinking about quitting drinking entirely. Funny thing is that we didn't even say anything about the alcohol, that was just the spirit.

We also had another "Whatsapp" group talk about us in another area, and one of the members responded to let us in to "share the truth!" I realized in Sacrament meeting this Sunday that one of the most important roles of members is to give the missionaries hope and encouragement. Satan is working so hard everyday, so if we don't exceed his efforts, the work will fail. Do what you can to help!!!

We had exchanges with the zone leaders. I got to be with Elder Bezerra again, just like old times. We met with a guy named Stephen, and when we rocked up (arrived), he had been drinking. He was just a tad tipsy, so we shared with him and his girlfriend Light the World. They liked it and invited us back. On the way home that day, we had not one but TWO people stop us on our bikes to talk to us about how what we believe is false and we need to only read the Bible. I could tell they didn't want to fight, they just didn't have the right information. Don't discredit the Book of Mormon if you haven't read it. One thing I can testify about this week is that the spirit really does give you utterance in the time you need it most.

You can do it. Light the World isn't always the easiest thing to stay on top of, but I reckon you just do it as early in the day as you can. That way, it will be on your mind the whole of the day and you will be mindful of the other opportunities that will come:)

Love you all! Don't Forget to LIGHT THE WORLD!!! And have joy while doing it :)

My comps sores from playing paintball today! It was so much fun. Paintballing was approved,
but some elders were being dumb and decided to shoot each other really close without shirts on.
Don't worry, I didn't encourage nor did I participate.

Me with the Kambolo family!

Me with the Manda familly!

P.S. I'm glad the mission office likes me. I love them, especially the Howell's. They are like my parents away from home. We pranked just about everyone in the office haha. Remind me to tell you about it when we call, because it's some good stories. Also, I will be calling on Christmas day. 5:30 my time, which should be around 8 for you. Just always be ready though, just in case. I will call over facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...