map of mission

map of mission
Mission

"We are all afflicted till the conflict is o're"

December 23, 2019

This title comes from a lady in our ward in Phoenix. My companion told me before we met here that she sings this hymn every time that she sees the missionaries. Sure enough, that's what she sang. Haha, this area is so cool.

This area is very cool but does not feel like I am in South Africa anymore. At all. Everyone is Indian. It feels like when I was in Belize with dad, but more hills and temples everywhere. There are actually a lot of Christian Indians who live here, so there are a lot of churches as well. What I have experienced so far is that everyone here loves to talk. Hard to get a comment in when everyone wants to preach to you. Super nice though!

Speaking of nice, we don't need to buy food here... My first night, we received 3 meals from our neighbors. I was eating some fruit in the kitchen when somebody started whistling at me from the window to ask if he could give us food and chocolate cake. Our fridge is filled with leftovers. People just want to give us their curry to be nice! Even if we tell them we have eaten! The people here are so nice. I have started working out twice a day to combat what could potentially happen to me this transfer.

Me and Elder Russell sang a song in church this Sunday. I got to play the Ukulele and we sang a duet to that song that my brother Nathan and I did a few years back. The ward is super cool and everyone wants to help us.

My companion is from Idaho falls and he knows Porter Williams, and I know his friend Lauren. We connected stories and it turns out that we have actually met each other. What a small world hey? We have made some good goals and plans for the next 6 weeks and we are optimistic for what we will be able to accomplish!

Love ya'll! Have joy.
-Elder Moser

Hi mum! Miss you lots right now!

Man, I miss eggnog. My companion is from Idaho falls and we talk to each other about a lot of stuff, one of them being eggnog. We want to make it. I was worried who my companion would be for christmas and my birthday, but God is mindful, I tell you what.

We have been super healthy. Working out twice a day and eating mainly fruit.... and Curry! haha. I did get some shoes and we have been running. I'm so sore right now, but I still have the form. Just gotta get the endurance up again. Running in humidity is no fun, but it feels nice to work out. I weigh less than I did when I came on mission!!! Give me some smoothie recipes to do, we have a blender.

Christmas is going to be the same as last year. Work and talking to you in the evening. The misson is to spread out to do any sort of activity unless we did a lot of planning. All is well though, those kinds of things exhaust me!

love you mum:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...