map of mission

map of mission
Mission

Kwamashu 1


Well, Kwamashu is super nice. Like, I could live here nice. Of course the weather kinda gets me, but I'm pretty sure that is just Africa in general.

I had SUCH a welcoming time to the Branch here. We had 4 baptisms of these girls, Thando, Khwezi, Annita and Nobuhle. They are all super energetic and fun and a good addition to the Branch.

The work here seems really good. I was told by President Thompson that out of every 5 doors we knock we will teach 3 of them. But, of the houses we have tracted so far, I have been told off by a lot of drunk guys because we are white. Which is kinda scary sometimes, but fun nonetheless. I miss the Bluff, but I'll be back so I'm not stressing.

Me and Elder Morales did some musical Shandis in the stake fireside, "Music and the Spoken Word." I have been able to sing! Actually, a solo in front of the whole stake haha. That was yesterday, the Bluff ward had me sing "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." That was fun. I did feel a little awkward with everyone complimenting me though. Fame makes me feel weird. Then, I also sang with the Kwamashu ward in front of the whole stake in a trio with this YSA girl named Zo and her mom. They both have really good voices, and my companion played the piano. He is like, a genius on any instrument. Like, we literally created an arrangement the day before. He and I just kinda combined forces and he played a really cool thing on the piano and then we sang. It was super cool. I wish we got a recording of it, because it sounded actually really good. the spirit was very strong and it was cool to listen to all the wards perform their own musical numbers. There was a lot of improvement since the last time in December. Next time they do it, its gonna feel like we are listening to the Tabernacle Choir... I'm pretty sure at least.

We sang hymn 29 and 177. driving is SUPER fun but taxis are crazy to compete with. You know me, I adjust to changes quickly ;)

I also saw a lil black Down Syndrome baby and it was SO CUTE. Driving to the area today we saw two guys that were dressed exactly the same way and we kinda freaked out about it. when I took a picture they were even walking in sync so you have to look really close to see there are two guys.

 Almost every appointment we have been in, people have pointed out that I am from England. I even had somebody pause us mid lesson to ask if I'm royalty. lol, never heard that one before! I have also noticed that I am really pale. I don't understand how being in the sun all day every day can make me lose my tan.... shame, eh?

I don't really know what it is like being a ZL yet. We don't know what we are doing because nobody has instructed us. We are just floating along and teaching ourselves how to do everything. I'm really close to all the elders in our zone already, so that makes things easier. We have zone conference on Friday, and we were the last ones to know about it! Eish!

Cheers Bru!
-Elder Moser


We have a car!!  SKRR, SKRR

Companionship Unity.

 I am never sure how I am supposed to feel when looking at this.
 Our neighbors painted it and put it outside our flat. haha


Look really close at the guy with the hat....




No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...