map of mission

map of mission
Mission

And it came to pass....

September 4, 2018

Karabo!!!
I didn't know what to title my email but I felt like it needed one.
This whole email thing is really hard for me because as soon as i place my fingers on the keyboard, I forget everything that happened the past week.
I love pretty much everything about Lesotho. I mean, sure we had a hurricane last night, and sure our power and water are out, and sure people yell at us when we are in taxis because we are white, but There is still so much good. I love this place!
I got to go on an exchange this week with Elder Lowe, it was pretty sweet! We got to put some promising people on baptismal date! I got a call in the middle of the day from a ward member asking for a blessing, so we traveled into town so we could give her a blessing at her office haha. Turns out she was fine (even though she said she needed the blessing because she was dying) but she wanted comfort, because she kept getting in wrecks with her car haha. I think we should have given her car a blessing haha.
We have learned this week to not give up on people! Mpolokeng, a lady with very limited English read alma 7 this last week and wants to be baptized so bad. We thought she wasn't progressing because she never kept commitments, but she decided to read and miracles are happening now. She is  going to be baptized on October 7th which is perfect because that is her birthday! How crazy is that!
Bokang is someone we have been meeting with for a while. We had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation and It was very powerful and he gave us his honest thoughts with how he thought we were mad men when we first gave him the book of mormon, but now he knows it is true. He wants to be baptized now, but he wont commit to a date just yet because he wants his wife in on it too. PRECIOUS!
There was a day this week where me and my companion had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. We felt like we needed to go home and pray about what we should do. We aren't quite sure what the danger was but we are glad we listened to the spirit. We decided it was Okay to work in the area close to home. I wish listening to the spirit was easier though. We did have a cool experience with the spirit though, were we got bunked a couple of times and didn't know what was best to do with our time and so we decided to pray to find someone who is ready to receive the gospel. We did, and all I could picture in my mind was these houses that we have never gone to before. We went and found said houses and inside was two guys our age named Lehlohonolo and Moeketsi. They were super ready. They asked so many questions that it was a little sad that we couldn't spend 8 ours with them! But we will go back probably tomorrow to follow up.
On sunday we had a baptism! Karabo was the first convert I began teaching and got to see baptised as well. His mother was so happy, she never expected to see him a member of the church.
I love this little country of Lesotho!!!! Thank you everyone for the support! I hope the water turns back on soon so I can take a shower!

Love youz guyz! have a good week:)
-Elder Moser

Elder Warner overlooking Lakeside


Man fishing on a car hood. No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...