map of mission

map of mission
Mission

The long HAuL

November 11, 2019
This has been a long, hard week.

I've recently re-committed myself to be exactly obedient to the mission rules. It feels good and I'm looking forward to it. Blessings follow to those who make sacrifices to be obedient. We have played the game of Mow with members recently. Everybody gets really frustrated because the rule of the game is you don't know the rules. We found a good way in teaching a gospel principle: sometimes we don't know why we follow rules, but we do it anyways because they are there for a reason and we will be blessed if we follow them. 

That being said, we are trying harder.

We have been visiting lots of members, trying to get referrals, but we must be doing something wrong because it isn't very fruitful. We do tracting where we have space. We met with a family that was super promising and we were super excited about. They even invited us back the following day. We went, planning to read the book of mormon with them, but they told us they were fine with their own church, so they didn't need more. We did leave them with an Afrikaans book of mormon. Hopefully they read it.

Yesterday we had an appointment with a young guy named Luaan. He came out to meet us and told us the only reason he agreed to meeting with us was to tell us he wasn't interested because he prayed about the things we shared with him before and he didn't like the Idea that we think we are the only true church. We talked with him for a bit, not wanting to give up, and he agreed to let us to come and read with him in the book of mormon every week. Hopefully we can plant some good seeds and fertilize it properly.

We had two more baptisms yesterday. Nkopane and his fiance Thabisile. We had a brother in the ward try to baptise them, but he wasn't strong enough, and so one of the brothers called me into the hallway and asked if I would be able to do the ordinance. I didn't have any towel or anything to change into, but we decided we were gonna do it for god, so I quickly changed and was able to do the ordinances. I had to sit in a room with a fan for 30 minutes to try and dry off. I ended up changing in my wet garments and you could see the wet spots on my slacks haha. luckily we ride bikes, so it dried off quickly with how fast we were riding. I felt bad for Thabisile because she was dunked around 7 times, but when I talked to her about it afterwards she was so happy and said she felt BLESSED to be baptised multiple times. All about perspective people.

Today we got to go to a rugby field and toss the ole pigskin around. We also had a rugby ball and got to toss it around too. I'm wearing a springboks jersey, so I feel like a Springbok veteran. It was rainning too, so that felt pretty good in this dry, dry place.

Love you all. Have joy this week!
Elder Moser

You would probably believe me when I say that I have been singing hymns up the ying yang. I even sing them in my head before I pray at night so that I'm not all over the place. I have been needing to sing them in the area because The days are getting harder. We get into houses sure, but the next visit is always a let down with somebody telling us to not come back. Sometimes we need a bit of extra encouragement. I tell myself "this is good" to everything that happens, whether it be good or bad.

This week I recommit myself to be more obedient. I'm trying to follow the rules exactly and it really helps in motivation. I have 7 moths left and don't want any excuses. I wanna work as hard as I can. I have been reading the white handbook a lot more. I read the whole thing in 20 minutes the day I recommit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...