map of mission

map of mission
Mission

I'm a no gud fisher guy

November 18, 2019

Hello family and Friends I consider family. How was the week?

Turns out, I'm no good at fishing. We woke up at 4 this morning and finally had the opportunity to go fishing. I didn't catch anything. In fact, it felt like one of those trips where the fish are just mocking you. Like they are well aware you are trying to catch them. We tried for a solid 5 hours, but nothing. Today I felt like God was trying to teach me something. I don't think he was trying to keep me from fishing or having fun, but it was almost like a reminder of the scripture on my mission plaque. " Straightway they forsook their nets and followed HIM." I left my rods home to do this work. We are out here to become fishers of men. I still like fish- fishing though c:

Speaking of being fishers of men, this week in comparison to the actual fishing is pretty much the same. We tried talking to lots of people, taught lessons, and when we set appointments to come back, nobody ends up being home. What on earth? So many times this week when something went wrong, the only thing I could think in my mind was little sis Amanda saying "Sweet Gloria!" Sweet Gloria is right. 

We taught the Moshoeshoe family how to make Corn dogs, but I kinda messed up on the recipe and they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. Afterwards, we wanted to work in the apartment complex they stay in. The sons told us it was a bad idea because the people that stay there are picky and might kick us out. Mahlapane, who Was just confirmed last week, suggested we do it because otherwise they may never be able to hear the gospel! We decided to give it a shot and met a couple named Sam And Atlehang. They were super welcoming and we shared the restoration with them. Afterwards they seemed like they closed off a bit, but I still have faith that it touched them somehow and that we will be able to see them again.

We went back to see Luaan yesterday after church and he again told us we couldn't see him anymore because his mum told him no to us teaching him about the Book of Mormon. Maybe he will pick up an interest after he graduates.

We had a lesson with a guy named Junior this week. We shared law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom with him, and turned out the spirit revealed to us that we needed to share it. He learned at his church some stuff regarding sexual purity and wanted to know more about it. he was so awestruck with what we had to say that he even came to church with us yesterday. We walked all the way there, a little over an hour. He really enjoyed the class, but felt a bit distracted by the kids in sacrament meeting. I could tell he was really trying to listen though.

Love you all! Have joy this week and don't be ashamed to share what you believe! Be Bold!

-Elder Moser
Pictures:   Can you see me?  Look at what I am fishing in XD  Where is the water?




No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTDATE: Update on remaining missionaries

March 25, 2020 Dear Parents and Priesthood Leaders:   We want to give you an update on your missionary and the circumstances here in the ...